Thursday, February 10, 2011

Memory Lapse


Today I came upon the realization that Clyde and I share many characteristics and as much as I dislike him for leaving the woman in trouble, I know the terrible feeling that comes with a forgotten thought. Last night, before I went to bed, I was up thinking about random things when I stumbled across an incredible idea for a blog post. I vividly recall mapping out the details in my mind for the entire post and thinking to myself “oh this is perfect, Bobbi’s Blog Banter material for sure”. I spent all of today attempting to remember the idea and now here I am, writing about the annoyance that comes with my terrible memory. I know I should have jotted down some ideas at the time or maybe jumped out of bed to begin the blog, but I chose sleep as my main priority instead. Another memory mishap came this morning when I woke up, and, as usual could not remember my dream. All I could remember was thinking “wow this is an awesome dream”.  I find it hard to just accept I will go on living my life without ever knowing what I dreamed about, true a single dream has little to no significance but the knowledge of what I dreamt about would put my mind at ease. By 8th period today I had a terrible headache after a long day at attempts to remember insignificant moments, that even by remembering them would do nothing more than amuse me for a few minutes or help me with a single blog entry. I still believe Clyde was wrong for leaving the woman, but I can empathize with the frustration that comes with a memory lapse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment