Thursday, January 27, 2011

The West Wing


As many of you know, my recent addiction The West Wing has completely taken over my life. My sister, who received the entire set of seasons for Christmas, graciously lent the first season to me thus my obsession, began. On the last weekend of blogging first semester I wrote my blog and retired to my room to watch the 60th episode and what do you know, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest comes up out of nowhere.  Josh, one of the main characters finds a blog website dedicated to him and begins to comment, which leads to one of the main followers to attack him over the site. The press secretary at the white house, C.J finds out he has made comments on the site regarding policies that the press picks up, so she demands to know why he felt the desire to continue his comments on the site. In his defense Josh states regarding the site, “It’s a crazy place it has this dictatorial leader who I’m sure wears a Mumu and chain-smokes parliaments”, C.J then fires back, “The people on these sites, they’re the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. The Mumu wearing parliament smoker, that’s Nurse Ratched. When Nurse Ratched is unhappy, the patients are unhappy. You, you’re McMurphy you swoop in there with your card games and your fishing trips” C.J. goes on to say Josh needs to get out of the blog and states, “I’m telling you to open the ward room window and climb on out before they give you a pre-frontal lobotomy and I have to smother you with a pillow, I’m Chief Bromden, yes, for this particular moment”. I sit in shock and I rewind and watch the scene and again and again. The ultimate topic for blogs, my favorite show and a rant that compares blogs to One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, and I had moments before finished my last one for the semester.  Even in my means of procrastination I cannot escape the world of A.P. English.

No comments:

Post a Comment